Field Specialist Intern - Summer 2021
Position type: full-time
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. Advanced Agrilytics is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
Advanced Agrilytics and her sister company Ag Ingenuity Partners LLC, are looking for skilled interns in the agronomy field to help with summer on farm scouting and spatial research in the corn belt for the summer of 2021. Interns will engage in a variety of activities, depending on their area of primary interest. All interns will gain experience in General Agronomy, GIS, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Weed Science, leadership and management, data collection, and evaluation.
- Scouting grower acres, in a variety of different areas and environments.
- Assisting in providing scouting reports for the grower customers at the direction of the Precision Agronomist and/or Lead Agronomist
- Taking part in soil sample collection efforts.
- Help to implement various research efforts across our grower acres. Examples would include our hybrid trial implementation and various starter and fertilization trials.
- All Interns need to have the ability to work both in teams and alone throughout the summer.
Research and Lab based interns
- Trial implementation working in groups to conduct in-field scouting and plant collection on all our various research trials throughout the summer.
- Plants processing and subsequent data collection at our research facility.
Skills and Competencies
- Agriculture or Science degree track preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work under on-farm conditions.
- Understanding of current farming practices is of benefit.
- GIS experience a plus.
- Must be task/project driven and able to work independently.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
Positions are available throughout much of the corn belt (IN, MI, OH, IL, IA, MO). Housing will be provided to those that are willing to relocate. In general, interns will be expected to work 40 hours/week. At times, hours in excess of 40 will be required and will be approved in advance by the supervisor.
When travel is required, all expenses will be reimbursed as approved in advance by the supervisor.