Area Business Manager
Position type: full-time
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. Advanced Agrilytics is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
Advanced Agrilytics seeks an Area Business Manager in a people leader sales position to grow market share in a specific geography by leading and motivating a team of Precision Agronomists and building strong relationships with key customers. Qualified candidates must have a combination of strong business and people management skills as well as a dedication to a true systems approach to comprehensive agronomy practices including soil fertility, crop care, plant growth, progressive production practices such as data management and analytics.
- Acquires and manages a book of business with their own respective growers.
- Work with Regional Business Director to create a business plan to drive market share growth in the specified geography
- Recruit, lead, develop, and retain a team of high-quality Precision Agronomists to implement the business plan
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each Precision Agronomist for assigned customers and prospects and track progress
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information and provide inputs internally to develop regional plans
- Collaborate with Lead Agronomists to maximize services, information, and training to preferred growers
- Successfully partner and build a trusting relationship with top growers and key accounts. Negotiate contracts and proactively resolve any customer needs
- Accountable for driving outcomes and flawless execution of developed business plan including achievement of sales, profit, and market share targets, sales forecasting accuracy, resource management, etc.
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within the region as per guidelines
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate Advanced Agrilytics and build long lasting relationships
- Travel approximately 30%-50% within defined territory
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture Business, Agronomy or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture
- 3+ years experience in a people management role
- Strong business acumen, account planning and resource management skills
- Strong results orientation and drive – ability to hold a team accountable, help prioritize resources and drive decisions
- Ability to inspire, coach and mentor a team
- Exemplary customer focus including conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of the agriculture industry, marketplace dynamics and grower needs. Strong understanding of agronomy is preferred
- Ability to work in a lean environment and be resourceful
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written)
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US