Lead Agronomist - Iowa
Position type: full-time
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. Advanced Agrilytics is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
Are you an agronomy leader who would like to shape the future of digital agriculture? Would you like to mentor and foster team agronomic growth and celebrate its success? Do you enjoy developing a strategic vision for new agronomic concepts and digital products that influence the grower’s bottom line?
Advanced Agrilytics seeks a Lead Agronomist for supporting a team of field agronomists. A Lead Agronomist is a sales support role providing guidance and mentorship to the field precision agronomist sales team. The Lead Agronomist shares key insights on agronomic topics through the growing season and supports the suite of digital tools of Advanced Agrilytics that are providing leading-edge agronomic insights in traditional agronomic principles with a strong sub-field environmental focus. The company seeks candidates who can provide vision, strategic thinking, and advice to the precision agronomist team, build relationships with key grower accounts, and have a passion for serving the farmer. Qualified candidates must have a focus on growth and dedication to a true systems approach to agronomy that offers grower specific management products that extend soil fertility, crop care (herbicide, fungicide, others), plant growth and development as well as current production practices to data management and analytics.
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic tech company that provides farmers with actionable, customized strategies to deliver sustainable outcomes at the sub-acre level. Our independent hands-on approach combines field specific data with agronomic research to meet farmers at the cross-section of technology and a personal agronomist. With our patented Hex-Grid system, Advanced Agrilytics provides precise recommendations that help farmers manage inputs and resources and maximize profitability in any given environment. Our recommendations, backed with our own research and proprietary data systems, provide operations prescriptions focused on return on investment and independent of product manufacturers and retailers. Founded in 2013, Advanced Agrilytics is rapidly expanding its team across the Midwest. The successful candidate will join a team of industry veterans with experience within agriculture’s leading seed, chemical and agriculture technology companies.
Support Sales & Market Share Growth
- Leverage deep grower relationships to grow market share in the region in partnership with Precision Agronomists
- Provide technical and agronomic support to Precision Agronomist team on key grower sales calls
- Develop and supply technical sales support material to the sales organization
- Achieve sales, revenue and market share targets within the defined market/territory
- Plans and establishes research at grower operations to demonstrate improved management (crop inputs, hybrid/variety and others) strategies to use as a sales tool
- Liaison between sales and data teams to provide technical support and guide vision and development of new digital tools
- Convey products and knowledge to the Precision Agronomist team to be delivered to growers
- Support crop scouting with growers to guide team members in key agronomic decision making
- Work with key industry connections to understand seed, crop protection, and fertility innovations and educate team members on relevant products for geography
- Review and mentor precision agronomists on decisions around grower crop plans, rotations, product positioning
- Develop, review, and draw conclusions from grower year end data reviews
- Educate and review with the Precision Agronomy team on all portfolio prescriptions (example: Lime, Phosphorus, Potassium, VR Seeding, and VR Nitrogen) with fundamental rationale of each product
- Hire and maintain oversight in training summer interns
- Assist in planning and protocol development for projects that influence grower knowledge of products or concepts
- Work with the Research Team on identifying key projects for your geography and assist in execution of key trial work
- Identify and seek out opportunities for field research collaborations that support new product development
Skills and Competencies
- A masters in an associated field with five years of experience or a bachelors with 8 years experience with research responsibilities; specifically, knowledge in experimental design.
- Demonstrates a desire to mentor a team of agronomists in personal growth to assist in achieving sales and growth targets
- Willingness and desire to engage in customer sales calls and assist precision agronomists in closing sales opportunities
- Knowledge of Precision Agriculture preferred
- Comfortable in challenging customers and play the role of a change agent to help them improve their operations
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively appreciate unique customer needs and align them into compelling value propositions
- Experience in developing and execution of research protocols for the purpose of supporting new product development
- Oral communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Must reside in the US
- Must live within the desired territory
- Relocation not provided
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Collaborative, autonomous work culture where each person makes a difference!